Widget Manager Version History
3/24/2010: Widget Manager 1.4
Widget Manager 1.4 adds 64 bit support for full Snow Leopard compatibility. Note that this release is incompatible with Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
- Added 64bit support for compatibility with Snow Leopard.
- Removed donate button.
10/9/2006: Widget Manager 1.3.1
- Updated URLs to reflect the new site design.
- Widget Manager will create a ~/Widgets folder if it does not exist when installing new Widgets.
- Fixed several Widgets which were incorrectly labeled as Apple Widgets.
6/8/2006: Widget Manager 1.3.0
- New Widget Info pane shows information for the selected item.
- Widget Manager attempts to find the author''s website URL (experimental, please send feedback).
- Small improvements and bug-fixes.
- Brand new icon!
3/15/2006: Widget Manager 1.2.0
Widget Manager 1.2.0 includes many improvements and several new features.To avoid problems when upgrading from an older version, uninstall existing copies of Widget Manager before installing 1.2.0.
- Includes a universal binary for compatibility with Intel Macs
- Indicator for running Widgets
- Localization fixes and improvements. Widget Manager should be fully localizable.
- Fixed the ''Apple Widgets'' column to account for new Widgets released with Mac OSX. This may incorrectly show third party Widgets as Apple Widgets if the author has incorrectly set the bundle identifier.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
7/12/2005: Widget Manager 1.1.1
- Authentication capability for read-only Widgets (Widget Manager will now disable and remove Widgets in OSX 10.4.1 and later).
- Drag & Drop Install.
- Search Capability.
- Removed "Reload Dock" prompt (no longer needed).
- Small improvements and bug fixes.
5/10/2005: Widget Manager 1.1.0
- Widget table distinguishes between Apple and third party widgets.
- Widget table shows the path to the .wdgt file.
- Double-clicking a widget will launch it in Dashboard.
- Ability to reveal the .wdgt file in Finder.
- Dock is no longer restarted each time a widget is removed or disabled. When you close Widget Manager, you will be asked if you wish to restart the dock. (restarting the dock will reload any installed widgets, and prevents the situation where Dashboard shows a widget which doesn''t really exist.)
- Restarting the Dock is improved; this should fix a rare bug where the Dock would not automatically restart for some users.
- Widget table can be sorted and filtered.
- Many small improvements and fixes.
5/8/2005: Widget Manager 1.0.1
- Widget Manager will now show Widgets in the system Widget library folder.
- Widgets are now sent to the Trash, rather than deleted immediately.
- Widgets which cannot be deleted will be shown as read-only.
- Minor bugfixes and improvements.
5/7/2005: Widget Manager 1.0.0
- Initial release.