WeatherMin Version History
3/12/2013: WeatherMin 1.2.4
- Status bar icons are Retina Display compatible.
- Fix accessibility exception crash.
- Use Mac OS X 10.8 geocoder when available for more reliable geocoding.
- Don't show duplicate location error messages when traveling outside the US.
- Small bug fixes and UI refinements.
10/18/2012: WeatherMin 1.2.3
Fixed a change in the NOAA API which caused the menu bar icon to display incorrectly.
10/1/2012: WeatherMin 1.2.2
- Compatibility with OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- Notification Center support (OS X 10.8 only).
- Signed with Developer ID for Gatekeeper support.
- Better handling of NOAA weather data.
- Fixed potential crashing bugs.
- Fixed dock icon bug under OS X 10.8.
- Fixed visual glitch in preferences.
- Small UI improvements and fixes.
2/13/2012: WeatherMin 1.2.1
WeatherMin 1.2.1 fixes an infrequent bug occurring on the first launch for some customers.
1/23/2012: WeatherMin 1.2
WeatherMin 1.2 is a big update with a new menu bar icon, adjustable theme size, and many more improvements and fixes!
- WeatherMin shows the current weather conditions in the menu bar!
- New preference for adjusting the size of the desktop window.
- Now uses the Yahoo! PlaceFinder API for more reliable geocoding.
- Prompt to move WeatherMin from ~/Downloads to /Applications.
- Better looking HiLo theme.
- Hour-By-Hour theme only shows precipitation if it's likely to rain.
- Preferences window does not hide on deactivate.
- Improved accessibility.
- UI tweaks and improvements.
- Avoid unnecessary API calls.
- More efficient memory usage with ARC.
- Other bug fixes, including one obvious spelling mistake :)
1/5/2012: WeatherMin 1.1.4
Happy New Year! This long overdue release fixes several major bugs, including Lion compatibility and manually entered locations. Keep an eye out for new features and improvements coming soon!
- Window positioning bug fix on Mac OS X Lion.
- Fixed a bug with location lookup data provider.
- Improved error handling.
- Small fixes and improvements.
2/17/2011: WeatherMin 1.1.3
WeatherMin 1.1.3 includes several bug fixes and minor improvements.
- Reduced frequency of reverse geocoding API calls to prevent errors.
- Indicator in preferences when reverse geocoding fails.
- Updated list of NOAA weather stations.
- Improved data handling for multiple weather stations.
2/10/2011: WeatherMin 1.1.2
WeatherMin 1.1.2 contains several bug fixes, including improvements for when a Core Location update fails to change the city name.
- Retry Core Location updates in case of errors.
- Includes a new help book.
- Updated reverse geocoding API.
- Fix for transparency text field bug in preferences.
- Other bug fixes and improvements!
1/29/2011: WeatherMin 1.1.1
Version 1.1.1 introduces WeatherMin to the Mac App Store! It is otherwise the same as WeatherMin 1.1.
7/1/2010: WeatherMin 1.1
WeatherMin 1.1 is a free update with several new features and bug fixes.
- The desktop window shows a dragging frame when preferences are open.
- Relaxed registration nags.
- Core Location is checked less often to better conserve battery life.
- Preference to add WeatherMin to login items.
- Initial temperature units are set using systemwide preferences.
- Simplified and improved hour-by-hour theme.
- Preferences window is re-opened when the application is restarted.
- Added theme selection to dock menu.
- Fix for Growl error message.
- Better error handling when saving data.
- Rain forecast bug fixed.
- Other small fixes and improvements.
6/10/2010: WeatherMin 1.0
WeatherMin 1.0 release. This release fixes several bugs discovered during the beta period.
6/1/2010: WeatherMin 1.0 Beta 2
Minor bug fixes, improved menu items.
5/25/2010: WeatherMin 1.0 Beta 1
The first WeatherMin beta release!
- Five great looking themes.
- Core Location support.
- Growl and Dock icon badge notifications.
- Much more!