Runner's Log Version History
10/19/2008: Runner's Log 1.2.0
Runner's Log 1.2.0 adds heart rate tracking, along with several other new features and bug fixes.
- Added heart rate attribute to laps. Runner's Log shows the % max HR, and indicates which laps are in the target HR zone.
- Heart rate and health are now grouped under 'Health' in the Inspector.
- Workouts can have an event title; i.e. Rochester Marathon.
- Workouts can be starred to make them easier to find later (was previously 'race' event flag).
- Added 'humid' weather.
- Runner's Log preferences now has a page in the help book.
- Inspector window auto-resizes to fit the number of trophies.
- New option to filter sessions by trophies.
- Fixed a bug with saved filters in between launches.
- Fixed appearance bugs with the filter bar.
- Small improvements and bug fixes.
5/17/2008: Runner's Log 1.1.2
Runner's Log 1.1.2 includes several improvements, new features and fixes.
- New export feature allows you to export your journal data to a text file.
- New look for the lap editor text input fields.
- New filter bar for choosing which workouts to display.
- Descriptions of laps and sessions can now be copied and pasted into other applications, such as Word or a blog editor.
- Localization improvements.
- Removed code for reporting license usage.
- Better error handling when loading license files.
- Select all / none menu items are disabled when there are no items to import.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
3/29/2008: Runner's Log 1.1.1
Runner's Log 1.1.1 is a free update with several bug fixes:
- Lap editor style improvements.
- Change the warmup / cooldown flag can now be reverted via Undo.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent Runner's Log from loading properly in rare cases.
- Fixed a text encoding bug in license key validation.
- Fixed a visual bug when editing laps.
- Fixed a bug preventing the Import button from being enabled / disabled in certain cases.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
3/17/2008: Runner's Log 1.1.0
Runner's Log 1.1.0 contains many great new features and important bug fixes. This is a free update for any registered Runner's Log user.
- Runner's Log can now import Nike+ data from compatible iPods with the Nike+ sensor.
- Sessions now include an optional Location. Attach photos to your workouts, and filter based on Location.
- Laps now include the "warmup lap" attribute. Warmup laps can optionally be excluded from Session statistics in the Main Window and Inspector. If you have data from a previous version of Runner's Log, walking laps will be automatically flagged as warmups the first time you run 1.1.0.
- New Import Window makes it easier to find and import iPod data.
- Improved the Main Window outline view and right-click menu.
- Icons in the Main Window now have tool tips.
- New Summary View in the history graph shows combined data for all Sessions in the Main Window.
- New Preferences Window.
- Improved localization of included resources.
- Improvements when creating new Laps in the Main Window.
- The status bar retains the 'mixed units' setting in between sessions.
- Updated to work with global shadow drawing in OS X 10.5.1 and later.
- Fixed non-US dates in the Inspector window.
- Fixed a bug preventing very long times from displaying correctly.
- Improved speed when adding, removing and editing Laps.
- Dozens of minor improvements and bug fixes.
11/9/2007: Runner's Log 1.0.4
Runner's Log 1.0.4 contains bug fixes and improvements for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
7/23/2007: Runner's Log 1.0.3
Runner's Log 1.0.3 includes many improvements and bug fixes, and is recommended for all users.
- Added forward / back key shortcuts to the editor.
- Improved editor layout.
- Filter state is saved in between launches.
- History graph state is saved in between launches.
- Improved performance and application speed.
- When an item in the main window is expanded, the outline view will scroll to show all laps.
- Fixed a bug where imported sessions would not always show the correct date on Intel processors.
- Fixed a bug where undo would not work correctly with imported sessions.
- Fixed a bug where assigning trophies could potentially crash Runner's Log.
- Fixed a bug where distance values in the editor would not always carry over to new laps.
- Fixed a bug where laps were not inserted into their original spot when using undo.
- Other bug fixes and improvements.
6/14/2007: Runner's Log 1.0.2
Runner's Log 1.0.2 includes several new features and many bug fixes. 1.0.2 is a free update for licensed customers, and is recommended for all users.
- Improved main window outline view display.
- Session combined lap pace is now shown in the Inspector, and replaces average lap pace in several places.
- Pace / speed display format is now a user-selectable preference.
- Improvements to the update controller, including the ability to skip certain update notifications.
- Time display and input now correctly handles hour formats.
- The state of the Inspector is now saved when Runner's Log exits.
- Fixed a bug where sessions would occasionally not re-sort after changing the start time.
- Improved sorting in cases where a session's starting date and time are the same.
- Fixed a bug where some session attributes were not being copied correctly.
- Fixed a bug where the main window would not always scroll to new sessions.
- Fixed a bug where the trophies were not reevaluated correctly in all circumstances when an attribute changed.
- Fixed a bug where the graph was not being updated immediately after the preferences had changed.
- When the graph accessory is opened it will no longer occasionally bump the selection from the visible window area.
- The graph accessory is no longer shown when the editor is open.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
5/26/2007: Runner's Log 1.0.1
Runner's Log 1.0.1 includes many bug fixes, improvements and new features. Please note that several changes and fixes were made to trophies, and they are likely to be different than in previous versions.
1.0.1 is a free update for users who have previously purchased a Runner's Log license.
- Improvement statistics now use a weighted average (over the previous five sessions) for a more meaningful value.
- The main window now shows an indicator icon when a weather attribute is added to a session.
- The main window will save the last selected session when exiting, and select it the next time you launch Runner's Log.
- A new View menu allows you to choose which icons are shown in the main window.
- When a session with a selected lap is collapsed in the main window outline view, the selection is no longer lost.
- New menu item in the file menu for adding a new Lap to the selected session.
- The text "race or marathon" in the Inspector window has been changed to "special event."
- Fixed a bug where the main window would incorrectly show key status when switching between windows while the editor was open.
- Fixed a bug where some error messages were not being logged to the console.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent the main window from zooming to the correct size when the accessory graph was showing.
- Fixed a bug where trophy titles would incorrectly wrap to the next line.
- Total distance trophy better handles a situation where a larger milestone is achieved before a smaller one.
- Fixed a bug where total distance trophies could be duplicated under certain circumstances.
- Date trophy is more accurate.
- Date trophies will no longer be assigned the target date is missed by more than one month.
- Improvement trophies (speed, time, distance) are now awarded based on a weighted average of the previous five sessions combined with a minimum improvement amount.
- Other small bug fixes and improvements.
5/6/2007: Runner's Log 1.0.0
The first release of Runner's Log!
- New alerts for application errors and warnings.
- Changes to licensing scheme.
- Graph accessory view saves state when the application exits.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements from the previous beta releases.
3/31/2007: Runner's Log Beta 3
- New graphing capabilities.
- New outline view selection highlight.
- New help system.
- Improved main window right-click menu.
- Double-clicking a session expands or collapses it.
- Improved main window lap editor.
- Send feedback menu item.
- License management window.
1/30/2007: Runner's Log Beta 2
Runner's Log Beta 2 includes new features and bug fixes:
- New custom session filter.
- "8:20/mile" style speed formatting.
- Online update checking.
- "Weather" session attribute.
- Data file backup.
- New auto-save feature.
- Debug logging enabled.
- Improved window zoom.
- Bug fix: when editing laps in the main window, the first responder is no longer lost when moving forwards or backwards.
- Bug fix: initial window positioning.
- Bug fix: session speed wasn't updated in some situations.
- Bug fix: in rare instances selecting a session in the main window would revert to the old selection.
- Bug fix: removed Inspector window show/hide toolbar button.
12/9/2006: Runner's Log Beta 1
Runner's Log first beta release.